Just like some of the professional clubs and elite athletes we advise, it transpires we have fans all over the country. In fact one glance at the kind of clients we attract tells you just about everything you need to know about the quality of our team and why it has won so many plaudits. These include:
- The Football Association;
- Sport England;
- England Athletics; and
- the national Legal Panel Framework (established jointly by Sport England, Sport Wales, UK Sport and the Sport & Recreation Alliance) and its entire 350 national governing bodies.
Independent legal directory the Legal 500 also ranks us top for sport, and we’re the only law firm in the North of England that’s currently recognised in this sector.
Of course, you don’t have to be a sporting star or a major sporting body to benefit from the expertise we have to offer. We work for organisations and sports people from grassroots level to the top of the professional game, who utilise all the experience we have of advising on subjects as varied as:
- club structures and special tax status (including CASC and Charity);
- image rights and employment contracts;
- stadium development projects;
- sponsorship and media arrangements;
- corporate governance and investment;
- athlete personal wellbeing and brand management;
- trade mark protection;
- brand exploitation; and
- GDPR data protection.
Partner and Head of the Sports TeamContact John Devine