Agriculture, Estates & Rural Property
Managing farms, landed estates and other rural property is much more than just business: it's about family, community, and history too. We understand these nuanced relationships and can negotiate the legal landscape with clear, pragmatic, and cost-effective legal advice.
Whether you live, work or own property in the countryside, we can help. We build deep relationships with our clients - getting to know you and what drives you in order to proactively help you realise your goals. Our extensive experience includes assisting individuals, families, farming partnerships, agribusinesses, trusts, landed estates, banks, charities, public bodies and national institutions.
We’ll also help you identify new opportunities and introduce you to our professional networks. Our highly-skilled team has close links with the rural community, especially in the North East, Yorkshire and Cumbria, including banks, land agents, accountants and other advisers. However, we are a truly national law firm and we utilise our professional networks spread across England and Wales to add signficant value to our client relationships.
- Landed estate management, including succession planning
- Farm, land and property sales and purchases
- Country house conveyancing
- Rural property secured lending
- Commercial tenancies for rural properties
- Mining, minerals and aggregates
- Energy projects including solar, hydro, wind scheme and anaerobic digester plants
- Sporting rights including buying, selling, letting and registrations
- Grazing licenses, profits and other similar agreements
- Commons rights
- Land registration and related issues.
They are a very capable team - very knowledgeable, responsive and easy to work with.
The team we worked with demonstrate a very can-do attitude and deliver extremely prompt service and represent value. Muckle, through David Towns’ experience in particular, have a very good grasp of some unusual land law principles.