Thinking of a career in law but not sure about uni? We’ve got together with other North East law firms to offer solicitor apprenticeships. It’s a six year programme and a fantastic alternative to university. You can earn while you learn and achieve an LLB (Hons) in Legal Practice.
Our first apprentices joined in September 2017, we recruited a further two in 2018 and we’re thrilled to be offering the programme again in 2019.
Aspiring solicitors have until 8 April to apply and successful candidates will start in September 2019, with academic support provided by Northumbria University.
A solicitor apprenticeship with Muckle LLP
- £16,380 starting salary
- get real-life work experience
- achieve an LLB (Hons) in Legal Practice
- no university fees
Read on to learn more, or register for the NESA solicitor apprenticeship open day on 6 March.
Have you got what it takes?
We’re looking for at least:
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), grades A* – C including Maths and English
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent) grades A, B, B or above – predicted or already achieved
- Great communication skills with bags of personality and enthusiasm
How to apply
Stage 1: Complete your application form here – which all the law firms involved will review.
Stage 2: Nice one – you’re through to the NESA selection day with group and written exercises.
Stage 3: Well done – you’ve scored some work experience and an interview at Muckle LLP.
Stage 4: Congratulations – you’re hired!
Everything we do at Muckle is underpinned by four core values:
- trust – we trust each other to do the right thing
- teamwork – we are one team and work selflessly for each other
- responsibility – we are self-starters and take responsibility for how we work together and communicate
- care – we care about our people, clients and community
And here you can see what our values mean to us.
As a Muckle employee you’ll get a host of benefits, including:
- 27 days holiday
- interest free travel pass loans
- corporate discounts on loads of products and services
- pension scheme– we contribute 3, 4 or 5% after 6 months and 6% after 8 years, subject to your contributions
You’ll also have a mentor to help you settle in with advice and encouragement every step of the way. And if that’s not enough, there are loads of other reasons why working for Muckle is a fantastic experience.
Imagine being the go-to lawyer for The FA or parkrun. Or playing a crucial role in a ground-breaking architectural project or multi-million pound deal. We work with all kinds of companies, large and small, with loads of opportunities to shine.
The region’s #1
We hold a host of awards, including Corporate Law Firm of the Year at the Insider North East Dealmakers Awards 2018. Even more impressively, we won Best Medium Sized Company at the North East Best Place To Work Awards 2018, recognising the fantastic culture we’ve developed here.
We’re genuine people who build strong relationships, do what we say we’re going to do, on time and within budget, with excellence, every time. We’re also a close, friendly bunch and you’ll get to work directly with some of the region’s leading lawyers.
A fantastic place to work
We understand the importance of hard work. We also know how to have fun, because it’s just as important to enjoy what you do. You could join our running or cycling clubs or be part of our regular social events and impromptu nights out in Newcastle. Making sure everyone feels rewarded for a job well done is something we really care about.
The future’s bright
If you successfully complete your apprenticeship and there’s an appropriate role in the firm, you have a very strong chance of a job with us once you’re qualified.