We have been shortlisted in every available category at the upcoming Insider North East Dealmakers awards.
The prestigious annual awards recognise the region’s best dealmakers over the period from 1 August 2019 to 31 July 2020 and the judges have recognised our efforts by shortlisting us 10 times across 5 categories.
Winners will be announced during the ceremony at the Hilton Newcastle Gateshead on 22 April 2021.
This latest recognition reflects another active year of dealmaking for Muckle. Despite the challenges presented by COVID-19, we are also top of Experian’s league tables (page 40-43), having completed more deals than any other law firm in the region so far in 2020.
Dealmaker Shortlisted Awards
- Corporate law firm of the year – Muckle LLP Corporate Team
- Corporate lawyer of the year – Philip Clare
- Deal of the Year (below £10m) – acquisition of Returnloads.net by Mandata
- Deal of the Year (below £10m) – acquisition of NRG Holdings by px Group
- Deal of the Year (below £10m) – acquisition of Alpine Fine Foods by Kitwave Group
- Deal of the Year (above £10m) – acquisition of Thomas Cook retail stores by Hays Travel
- Deal of the Year (above £10m) – sale of Orchard Information Systems to MRI Software
- PE/VC Deal of the Year – Investment in The Lakes Distillery Company by Comhar Capital
- PE/VC Deal of the Year – Investment in Atlas Cloud by Mercia Asset Management
- PE/VC Deal of the Year – Investment in Connection Retail by Growth Partner
Brilliant North East
Andrew Davison OBE, head of our corporate team, said: “It is fantastic to see so much of our work recognised by Insider’s independent judging panel and we are delighted to be shortlisted so many times.
“This year has brought many serious challenges, but I am continually encouraged by the resilience of the deals market, the brilliance of business leaders across the region and the wonderful entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit that exists so strongly throughout the North East.
“We have been fortunate to work with many innovative clients and business partners throughout the period covered by these awards and through the challenges of COVID-19, all of whom have shared our commitment to getting deals over the line.
“It is also pleasing to see that Muckle is currently top of the Experian deal charts for the 2020 calendar year, having completed more deals than any other law firm in the region, and I would particularly like to thank my team and everyone in the wider firm, who have all pulled together incredibly well to help us continue to provide an excellent service and to get vital business done.
“These achievements are testament to our people’s dedication, professionalism and technical excellence, all of which gives me tremendous pride and for which I am immensely grateful.
“A huge thank you also to our clients and contacts for your continued support, without which these achievements would not be possible.”