From 1 April 2019, the following National Minimum Wage (NMW) increases came into force:
- National Living Wage (workers aged 25 and over) – £8.21 per hour.
- Standard adult rate (workers aged 21 to 24) – £7.70 per hour.
- Development rate (workers aged 18 to 20) – £6.15 per hour.
- Young workers rate (workers aged under 18 but above compulsory school age) – £4.35 per hour.
- Apprenticeship rate – £3.90 per hour.
From 6 April 2019, the amount of a week’s pay for the purposes of calculating, amongst other things, statutory redundancy payments and the basic award for unfair dismissal increased to £525 per week. The statutory cap for the unfair dismissal compensatory award increased to £86,444.
From 7 April 2019, the prescribed rate for statutory maternity pay, statutory paternity pay, statutory adoption pay and shared parental pay increased to £148.68 per week.
If you have any queries on what this means for your club, please call our dedicated England Athletics Helpline on 0191 211 7797 or email [email protected]