New data protection guidance for schools: can we help?
Following the new Department for Education (DfE) guidance, we want to help ensure your school or education provider is data compliant.
DfE has recently launched some guidance and templates to help schools and further education providers comply with their obligations under data protection legislation, specifically in relation to transparency.
- Citing the legislation schools/further education providers must comply with to justify the use of ‘legal obligation’ as a lawful basis to process personal data
- Setting out how the DfE and local authorities process personal data shared by the school/further education provider
- Setting out which other external third parties process personal data shared by the school/further education provider
- Template privacy notices for pupils, staff, the school and trust governance team, looked-after children and children in need, and children’s social workforce.
Get in touch
We would love to hear from you if you would like some support in reviewing and updating your suite of privacy notices to ensure:
- inclusion of the information recommended by the DfE and the introduction of “missing” template notices into your operations; and/or
- general compliance with data protection legislation