The Department for Education has published updated statutory guidance on safeguarding for schools and colleges. The document “Keeping children safe in education” provides guidance on:
- what school and college staff should know and do;
- types of abuse and neglect as well as specific types of safeguarding issues;
- the management of safeguarding;
- safer recruitment and checks; and
- dealing with allegations of abuse made against staff members.
For more information please contact Tony McPhillips on 0191 211 7908.