In August and September Acas published new guides which aim to help employers identify, tackle and prevent discrimination in the workplace and to help employers establish good recruitment and induction procedures. Each of the guides has a different focus:
- ‘Equality and Discrimination: understand the basics‘ outlines the fundamentals of what employers, and employees and their representatives need to know to comply with equality law.
- ‘Prevent discrimination: support equality‘ explains where discrimination is most likely to arise in the workplace and how to stop it happening.
- ‘Discrimination: what to do if it happens‘ is a step-by-step guide covering how an employee should raise a complaint of discrimination and how an employer should handle it.
- ‘Recruiting new staff’ outlines core issues and tips relevant to the recruitment process.
- ‘Starting staff: induction’ provides practical advice on induction procedures.
The guides can be found on the Acas website.
For further information, help or advice please contact Tim Davies on 0191 211 7927 or [email protected].