As a collection of people we pride ourselves on not being like stereotypical lawyers. We aren’t stuffy. We’re not aloof. And we are definitely not full of our own self-importance.
We provide business people with first-class advice and outstanding service. With a human touch that sets us apart and is a faithful reflection of our North East roots. It isn’t exactly rocket science, but it’s how we believe in going about things – and just as importantly, it’s what we believe our clients really want.
Our five fundamental principles are:
- we are one team with various complementary skills, working together towards a common goal and operating with trust, accountability and interdependence;
- our business will only ever be as good as its people and the relationships they create. We encourage our people to develop and use their individual styles and personality because we know that one style does not fit all;
- excellent service means different things to different people. To us it is simple: provide clients with what they want, when they want it, at an agreed cost and through people who have personality;
- we will always work as hard as we possibly can to make sure that everything we do is of the highest possible quality; and
- we are proud of the communities in which we live and work. Being a responsible business through our charitable giving and volunteering, pro bono work, external roles and care for the environment is a very important part of who we are.
Each of these principles is, of course, vitally important. However, when combined they provide a framework for focus, simplicity and success. In other words, the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. And that really is a potent combination.