Would you like a greater understanding of how to manage sickness absence and poor performance? The second course in our accredited practical masterclass series is designed to give you the knowledge and confidence to handle these issues in-house. After completing the course learners will understand:
1. How to deal with long term and short term absences;
2. How to work with medical and occupational health advisers when managing sickness absence;
3. How to deal with persistent absentees and the importance of assessing whether absence relates to any underlying medical condition;
4. How managing absence interplays with disability discrimination legislation, and some practical tips on employer duties and managing risk;
5. Best practice for dealing with poor performers; and
6. Drafting effective correspondence to support the management of short term and long term absence and poor performance.
Our course is practical. No death-by-PowerPoint here. The half-day workshop includes lots of every-day examples to help you easily apply the training to your organisation and the management of your employees.
Successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE. This is not a nationally recognised qualification but has been benchmarked at Level 3 (using Ofqual’s Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) level descriptors) to reflect the basis of the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
This course is ideally suited to all HR professionals, Owner/Managers or anyone involved in dealing with employee issues within their organisations.
All our scheduled courses are morning sessions, and begin with a bacon sandwich and a hot drink at our premises in Newcastle upon Tyne. Too far to travel? Not to worry, we can come to you, providing enough people want to take part.
Price per delegate £125 plus VAT*
Please use the form below to register.
If you require any further information please contact Amy Sergison or call 0191 211 7995.