Our GDPR roundtables will continue online for the foreseeable future and we have set the following dates and topics.
General Data Protection Update – 14 September 2021
A roundup of key data protection developments over the past 6 months including:
- the latest notable fines and action taken by the ICO;
- the developing importance of data ethics;
- use of live facial recognition technology in public places;
- General Practice Data for Planning and Research (GPDPR);
- the Children’s Code;
- the Data Sharing Code (now laid before Parliament);
- the Memorandum of Understanding between the ICO and the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner (OPC) for Cooperation in the Enforcement of Laws Protecting Personal Data
Deep Dive into SCCs – 23 November 2021
A deep dive into regulated transfers and the use of Standard Contractual Clauses as an appropriate safeguard to help protect personal data when it leaves the UK under the UK GDPR.
E-Privacy – 11 January 2022
An update on e-privacy regulations and marketing, covering the ICO’s latest action and fines on unsolicited direct marketing correspondence and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
These are relevant to anyone responsible for data protection in their organisation and wanting to keep up with data protection developments.
Please note that these Roundtable discussions are being promoted more broadly to support our wider client base at this time.
Register via GoToWebinar